Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sept. 7th mini paintings - Bicentennial Collection

Today completes the first week of the mini marathon.
I'm feeling like I should have more than 13 completed.
That's more like a 10K than a marathon.
I'll call it pacing myself, and will try and pick it up a bit the second week.

These have all been painted from reference so far. I'll keep doing those, but want to try and move on this week to include some done on the spot and some still lifes. I tried to set up a still life last night but got frustrated at my lack of experience with those and decided to go to bed instead. I'm going to give it another shot tonight after posting these. Maybe I'll actually get some paint on the board this time.



"Cactus and Capilla" 6x6" oil on linen panel, Frank Gardner © 2010
Unframed $110. USD + shipping
SOLD




"Charros" 7x5" oil on panel, Frank Gardner © 2010
Unframed $110. USD + shipping
SOLD


To purchase any of these mini paintings, email me: frank at frankgardner.com
The first email in my box stating intent to purchase a painting by title gets it. Please write preferred method of payment: personal check or by Paypal. I will return your email with instructions and where to mail a check or send you a payment request through Paypal.
I will return the other emails advising that the desired painting has been sold.

Shipping from México to the US costs $35. USD via FedEx. You may ship several in one package for the $35.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Both of these are fabulous. Would love to your still life painting but how you feel about them as how I feel about plein air. As an artist friend says to me, "Just do it".

Marc R. Hanson said...

Both of these are really nice Frank. I get your frustration in setting up a still life. I have a hard time with that too.
I like the life that is already set up... hey that's an idea... look for little compositions that already exist on your counter top or where ever.

Logan Maxwell Hagege said...

Hey Frankie, These paintings are great, seems like you are hitting your stride. I gotta pay closer attention because these things get snapped up so fast! I need a couple of these things for my Mexican villa, you may have seen the tour of my place on youtube...

Robin Mullen said...

Frank, I love the Charros. I know right where it is.