Friday, November 2, 2007

Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead)


Today is El Dia de los Muertos in Mexico. I thought I would ad a few images of this celebration of death, for those of you who have never been to Mexico. We went down to one of the local cemeteries to visit some friends. A friend of mine really did a nice job of decorating the grave of his brother.



This is a close up of some of the offerings at the same grave.



This is an altar to Cri CRi. He was the most famous singer/ author of children's music in Mexico.



One last photo of an older cemetery in town. Many of the graves here are hundred's of years old.

2 comments:

carolyn cobb said...

When are your workshops in SMA? Thanks for the blog. I will keep looking for new paintings and your thoughts, especially about hard and soft edges. Carolyn Cobb

Frank Gardner said...

Hello Carolyn, Thanks for visiting. I don't have any workshops planned right now, but I usually do them in Feb. and Mar. I will let you know when I set dates. I know that people need to make travel plans to be able to attend.