Saturday, September 24, 2011

September 24 - mini series paintings

These two are studies for a larger piece that I am going to start working on. A small group of people carrying a few "santos", figures of different saints. These pieces will help me decide on a design I'd like to use. It helps me to visualize how it will look in paint and think about it before committing to a large piece of linen. The detail is suggested, it's the value relationships that I'm interested in with these little guys. I may even end up painting something similar to both of these. They each have such a different feel.




"Santos" study. 6x6" oil on board. Frank Gardner © 2011
$475. Framed






"Devotion" study. 5x7" oil on board. Frank Gardner © 2011
$475. Framed

2 comments:

Valérie Pirlot said...

I love both painting and specially the second one. Very magical and atmospheric. Great choice of colours. Thanks for sharing.

Frank Gardner said...

Thank you Valérie!